Sudbury, Ontario, August 15, 2017,Northern Superior Resources Inc. (“Northern Superior” or the “Company”) (TSXV: SUP) (OTCQP: NSUPF), is pleased to announce the initiation of the 2017 exploration program on its 100% owned Ti-pa-haa-kaa-ning (TPK) gold-silver-copper property.
The work program will include:
- Exploration Program - Northwest Portion of the Property: to define specific mineralized targets associated with this belt through prospecting, till and boulder sampling;
- Structural Study - Southeast Portion of the Property: to strengthen the core drill targets previously established from the distribution and concentration of gold grains associated with the unique and remarkable 6km wide part of the TPK gold grain-in-till apron; and
- Completion of Upgrades, Rowlandson Lake Exploration Camp: in preparation of a core hole drilling program planned for early 2018.
This property, located in northwestern Ontario, contains two large, regional, independent mineralized systems:
- A laterally extensive gold-bearing shear system, from which, one of North America’s largest gold grain-in-till dispersal aprons extends. Gold grain anomalies of this scale are amalgamated responses from a cluster of gold zones, normally indicating a large gold system or district rather than a single gold zone (see press release, Northern Superior Resources, June 21, 2010). Exploration highlights of this gold bearing system include:
- the gold grain-in-till dispersal apron: originally defined as 6 km in width, now defined to extend at least 24km east to west across the property (see press release, December 6, 2011);
- within the eastern part of this apron: several gold-bearing boulder dispersal trains returning gold assay values of up to 94.21 g/t gold (see press release, Northern Superior Resources, September 15, 2010; Corporate Presentation, www.nsuperior.com);
- discovery of significant gold-bearing mineralization in the Target 3 area: coarse‐grained visible gold was noted in drill hole TPK‐10‐004, which also returned an assay value of 25.9 g/t gold over 13.5 metres (see press release, Northern Superior Resources, December 14, 2010); and
- eight, drill-ready gold targets: defined across a 6km wide area in the eastern part of the apron.
- A mineralized greenstone belt located in northwest part of the property (see press release, Northern Superior Resources, December 7, 2011), defined by:
- a gold grain-in-till dispersal corridor at least 3.5km wide (Keely Lake: see press release, Northern Superior Resources, October 25, 2011);
- mineralized boulders entrained within this corridor assaying as high as 727g/t gold, 111g/t silver, 4.1% copper (see press release, Northern Superior Release, June 25, 2012); and
- drill results returning grades of up to 4.62g/t gold over 5.5m (see press release, Northern Superior Resources, June 25 and 26, 2012).
Dr. T.F. Morris, President and CEO of Northern Superior states: “We are very pleased to be back on the TPK property to continue exploration of the tremendous mineral opportunities that this property has to offer. The exploration programs just initiated are designed to better understand mineralization associated with the second mineralized system on the northwest portion of the property, and to set-up a core drill program for early 2018. Also, I cannot emphasize enough how pleased we are to once again work with Neskantaga First Nation, through our joint Early Exploration Benefits Agreement, to advance exploration on the TPK property. The Community’s involvement with our exploration programs on TPK will be essential to the success of those programs.”
About Northern Superior Resources Inc.
Northern Superior is a reporting issuer in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Québec, and trades on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol SUP, and the OTCQB Venture Market under the symbol NSUPF. The Company is currently focused on exploring its 100% owned Croteau Est (Québec) and Ti-pa-haa-kaa-ning (Northwestern Ontario) properties. Northern Superior is currently looking to option out its other 100% owned mineral properties in Québec and Northwestern Ontario.
The Company’s Qualified Person (“QP”) for the TPK property is Ron Avery (P.Geo.). As the QP for the TPK project, Mr. Avery has approved information disclosed in this press release.
For further information please visit the Company’s website at www.nsuperior.com or contact:
Thomas F. Morris P.Geo., PhD., FGAC
President and CEO
Tel: (705) 525 ‐0992
Fax: (705) 525 ‐7701
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This Press Release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, which may cause actual results to differ materially from the statements made. When used in this document, the words “may”, “would”, “could”, “will”, “intend”, “plan”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “estimate”, “expect” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Such statements reflect our current views with respect to future events and are subject to such risks and uncertainties. Many factors could cause our actual results to differ materially from the statements made, including those factors discussed in filings made by us with the Canadian securities regulatory authorities. Should one or more of these risks and uncertainties, such actual results of current exploration programs, the general risks associated with the mining industry, the price of gold and other metals, currency and interest rate fluctuations, increased competition and general economic and market factors, occur or should assumptions underlying the forward looking statements prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described herein as intended, planned, anticipated, or expected. We do not intend and do not assume any obligation to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law. Shareholders are cautioned not to put undue reliance on such forward-looking statements.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.